I'll be a runner!



Last September 7, I went to our sport complex just t
o photo shoot for my journalism assignment then I said why not run a few rounds around the oval like 5 rounds? ridiculous rite? well I'm not that much of a runner and my legs aren't meant for running, but its one of the cheapest way to stay fit and permits me to continue heating fatty food! I said maybe I'll try running a 10k marathon again, the fist time i ran a marathon was way back in '06 it was too much for me, physically I was ready but mentally I wasn't. I said I'll be preparing myself for my next marathon but then I got excited!

I saw from my friends blog that there was an upcoming marathon tomorrow. 3 and 5k was just for special people so I'm down with the dreadful 10k Sunday last week i tried running 10 laps of a standard size oval (400 meters) so lets do the math, 10 laps is only 4k, I finished in less than 30 min. (yes I even looked for my old watch and had it putt on new batteries and kept track of my time) when i finished the 10 laps, i was staring at the pro runners who just strides like a gazelle, so stable, so swift, and their even trying to speed up yet, this afternoon I tried to run 10 laps again this time I tried running like the ones I saw last week, the technique did me well, preventing myself from doing extra movements gave me focus on my speed and less drag too! tomorrow is my debut, I'll run a 10k marathon again and hope I wont get burnt out... will definitely write about it asap... Ready? Get Set... GO!

0 comments:

Post a Comment